Sunday 31 January 2016

To what extent can you justify doing nothing?

Hi everyone! I don't have a finished project to show you today, but instead I have some thoughts, lots of questions, and not very many answers.

Is a day in bed watching rubbish on Netflix and continuously refreshing social media wasted? Is it ignorant? If I was bed bound would I be yelling at past me going, 'Get up! Just do something!' I think that I would.
Is it a bit much to restrict hours spent in bed and to enforce hours sewing instead? Or is that not how creativity works? Is creativity something that can't be forced?
Is reading more or less of a waste of time than Netflix? Is it more valuable because it's on a page instead of a screen? Maybe so, because it requires imagination.
But without that downtime, that doing nothing time, would I be an exhausted wreck of a person? Maybe. So how much is too little and how much is too much? Does it depend on the individual? Maybe.
But when I'm old and grey, I would like to look back at the past and say, 'Well done Lauren, you did something.'

I'd love to know your thoughts on the subject.
Thanks for reading,
Lauren xx