Sunday 8 March 2015

Navy Wool Chardon

 Hello all! Today I have to present to you my wool Chardon skirt to go with the Victoria blazer I blogged about a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a fuller skirt on rotation in my school wardrobe because the practical subjects I do (textiles and drama) involve a lot of moving around and sitting cross legged on the floor, which is incredibly hard to do in a pencil skirt which most people wear with their blazers.
I didn't have a lot of fabric left, so I opted to make a Chardon which doesn't take metres and metres of fabric, but is still full enough to move around in. Plus, it has pockets and the pleats are adorable. It's great to have a navy suit now, because it's opened up a whole different range of wardrobe options. I can also sneakily wear dresses underneath, which just makes me happy to be able to wear garments in lots of different ways. And guys, pockets are so useful! I don't know what I did without them!
It's fastened with an invisible zip in the back , all raw edges were zigzagged for some reason that I can't remember and I used an awesome floral bias binding for the hem which I bought when I first started sewing and only now have had the right project to use it on! I had just enough. 
All in all, it's a great skirt and I feel great wearing it! 
Thanks for reading and to Ed for taking pictures! We moved to a different corner of the garden today. 
Lauren xx